Wednesday 17 January 2007

Letter to the Editor: My Dad was responsible!

By John Rhodes, Painswick, Gloucestershire writes:
“Yes it was my dad who dreamt up the Fluoridation Programme in the early '60's some 45 years ago. Mum had told me with pride how dad brought water fluoridation to the households of the North of England. In my early twenties I read the reports dad had made on Fluoridation and other projects when in his job as Under-Secretary of Health for the North of England. No doubt someone had been influencing him about the virtues of introducing industrial waste into our drinking water and consequently food supplies, streams & rivers. But the details sadly have been lost. Now that his widows son and his sons' son may possibly drink fluoridated water it is time to break the circle and turn the tables.
Cecil Rhodes (not of Africa fame) died of cancer in 1964 without knowing of the side effects of fluoridation or how dangerous the stuff really is. Maybe as his son I can help shed light on how bad the idea is, & break the cycle.”